If you’re wondering how you can make money online without months of education or expensive self-help courses, maybe you should look into becoming an Amazon Affiliate. This unique method of making money online has become a full-time business for some people, and there are entrepreneurs making six figures a year just from this single income source alone.
Interested in how this all works? Read on.
What Exactly Is an Amazon Affiliate?
Amazon Affiliates are people or companies that partner with Amazon to sell the products that are sold by Amazon, often through websites, blogs, or other digital sales channels. In exchange for marketing Amazon products in this way, the Amazon Affiliate receives a percentage of every sale that is sourced by the affiliate.
Here’s an example of how this works:
- Step 1: The Amazon Affiliate creates a website, blog, YouTube channel, or other internet asset, building an audience with it by giving visitors something valuable (fashion advice, entertainment, or something else entirely).
- Step 2: Amazon gives the affiliate special links that can be used to promote certain products. Some products carry higher sales commissions than others. Electronics and beauty products, as an example, tend to pay more in commissions to the affiliate.
- Step 3: The visitors to the affiliate’s internet asset learn about the products, and then click the links to Amazon, where they complete a purchase.
- Step 4: Amazon tracks the spending that comes from the affiliate traffic, and provides the affiliate with a dashboard showing them exactly what is being sold and from what links.
- Step 5: The affiliate continues to invest in building an audience, acquiring internet assets, and producing more and more income through ongoing, residual sales commissions from Amazon.
Sounds simple, doesn’t it? Well, on the one hand, it is quite simple in how it all works. But, the challenge lies in building the audience and generating interest within the general population. There are many tactics that are used to accomplish this, such as paid advertising, link swapping, and social media influencer marketing. Each of these strategies has its own set of pros and cons, so it’s worth doing your own research to learn which one might be best for you.
If you’re going to try becoming an Amazon Affiliate, it’s important to remember that making money in this way can take a fair amount of time. Building a loyal audience and constantly providing value for that audience requires a significant investment of time, energy, and in some cases, money. But, with patience and a little creativity, you too could become the next Amazon Affiliate success story.